MONDAY MOMENT

Biblical Stewardship

Rob Smith, Associate Pastor, Living Word Family Church, Naples, FL

August 8, 2016

A man died and went to heaven.  He was met at the Pearly Gates by Saint Peter who led him down the golden streets.  They passed mansion after beautiful mansion until they came to the end of the street, stopping in front of a shack. The man asked Saint Peter why he got a hut when there were so many mansions he could live in.  St. Peter replied, “I did the best I could with the money you sent us.”

Matthew 6:21 (NKJV)
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (NKJV)

God is not against us having money; He is against money controlling us!

Your money is tied to your heart:

  • God doesn’t want your money, He wants your heart.
  • If He can get your money, He can get your heart.

Deuteronomy 8:18
And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is to this day (NKJV)

  • Money is a tool or resource to help us do things.
  • We can’t live without money.
  • Money enables us to buy things.
    • Nothing is wrong with having a nice house, car, nice clothes, going on vacations.
    • God is not against you having things.

 

God gave us the power to get and make wealth; our talents and abilities are from Him.

His ability to establish His covenant is based upon our ability to make money.

He blesses us so that we have the opportunity to bless others.

Luke 6:38
GIVE, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you USE, it will be measured BACK to you. (NKJV)

  • Not tithing is robbing God of what belongs to Him.
  • He only asks for 10% and leaves you with 90%.
  • You curse or hinder future finances because you haven’t given God anything He can use.
  • Only 5% of Americans say they tithe.
  • Statistics show only 2.58% of people actually tithe!!

Based upon this information, how can the church survive?

Malachi 3:10-11
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
That there may be food in My house,
And try Me now in this,”
Says the Lord of hosts,
“If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you such blessing
That there will not be room enough to receive it.
“And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes,
So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground,
Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,”
Says the Lord of hosts; (NKJV)

  • Tithes belong in the local church.
  • Tithes enable the church to fulfill its vision.
  • The ministry can’t reach people without money.
  • Imagine the possibilities
  • More money = more vision

Tithing stops the devil from devouring your finances.

Tithing enables the plan of God to be fulfilled.

Examine your heart and finances; He wants to bless you.

What can you deposit into His storehouses?

 

Christ-Centered for Life

Pastor Rob

We would love to hear from you! What do you think?

Share
Tweet
+1
Pin